Tuesday, 11 July 2017

Art Journal: Only You And Me

Hello, friends! It's time for my monthly ART JOURNAL collaboration with a very dear and special blog friend - VICKI PARSON of Stamp Smiles. We are both passionate about art journalling and we have a monthly show and tell. Vicki took a short blog break but now she's back - yay!And once again we are getting inky, messy,  inspire and encourage each other while having fun.

I have to confess that my project is an overnight effort. Vicki sent me a reminder email yesterday and I shrieked - "Oh my gosh! I completely forgot!!!" I had to think fast and, since we are in July, a summer theme seemed appropriate. The sentiment was inspired by something I had said to Vicki. She asked me if we had anyone else playing with us and I said "Nope, just you and me!"

Here's to you, my friend!  I've used stamps from Chocolate Baroque's Sunny Sunflowers A4 sheet to create my AJ page.

Let's take a closer look. I started by using a brayer to apply the colours for the sky: Folk Art 901 Wicker White, 481 Aqua, 524 Calypso Sky and 484 Brilliant Ultramarine. The letters for the sentiment are from Lawn Fawn's Harold's ABC and Clearly Besotted's Basic Alphabet, stamped with Versafine Onyx Black onto a page from an old notebook. For the die-cut word, I used Large Script Alphabet - Lower Case by X-Cut and glitter foam.  In hindsight, I should have cut out the "u" and "me" in red instead. Oh well... The Sun is created by layering 2 fussy cut sunflowers and lots of Glossy Accent for some dimension.

Moving on to the field of sunflowers. For this, I started by applying shades of green, also with a brayer, onto a piece of cardstock: Folk Art 724 Evergreen, 923 Clover and 954 Fresh Foliage. Then I cut the top edge with Lawn Fawn's Grassy Border die. The sunflowers and leaves are stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, coloured with Copics, fussy cut and adhered to the green field. I also added some Clear Wink Of Stella, Stickles Icicles and Hot Cocoa Liquid Pearls to some interest to the flowers.

And here it is - my overnight field of summer sunflowers! I did not fuss with it like I usually do and I am mighty glad I did not let the side down!

Challenges:
Come and Get It: Make Your Own Background
International Art & Soul #12: Elements of Nature
Mustard Seed Faith #10: Anything Depicting Summer
Stamping Sensations - July: AG With Flowers
We Love 2 Create #14: AG Mixed Media 
TTCRD July 11: AG

Please head on over to VICKI PARSON of Stamp Smiles and check out what she has made. Vicki never ceases to amaze me with her creativity.

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope your week is a sea of sunflowers too1

Beijinhos!

14 comments:

  1. Oh my dear Asha, I can't beleive this is an overnighter!!! I love your last minute inspiration too!! LOL!! The blooms make me so happy as does all of that sparkle!! I'd say you've done an amazing job as you always do my friend!! I'm glad we are doing this together and inspiring each other along the way!! Thanks for being a great blog buddy!! :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to say that the entire title of you blog inspired my AJ page too!! ;)

      Delete
  2. I too, cannot believe you whipped this up overnight! It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful. The sunflowers are lovely and the sentiment is perfect. Thank you for joining us at IAAS. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning journal Page asha. i Love the sentiment you have used..loz

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous, like that you and Vicki both showed close ups of your beautiful journal pages.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this bright day with the sunflowers. You went all out with the sky and those beautiful flowers...great page!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A really beautiful floral creation Asha, I always think Sunflowers have such happy 'faces', it's a super background as well.

    Many thanks for joining in with our Flowers theme at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this Asha, the sunflowers are gorgeous and the sentiment is brilliant xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really enjoyed reading how you created this beautiful piece of artwork. Sunflowers always take me to a happy place because of what they represent and your card is like a ray of sunshine. Both your stamping and colouring are outstanding and I love how the Sunflowers are quite bold in colour against a more subdued background. Thank you for sharing this with us at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous Summer journal page -beautiful stamped flowers and background and love the sentiment-are you open to others joining you?
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  11. THis is so cool Asha! I love how you did the pretty flowers and text - gorgeous! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for joining Stamping Sensations with this great entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful AJ page!! Love your textured sky and vibrant sunflowers! Thanks for joining us this month at Mustard Seed Faith Challenges!

    ReplyDelete

"Kind Words can be short and easy to speak but their Echos are truly endless." - Mother Theresa.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...